Sony Pays For Fake Christmas Wishes – All I Want For Christmas Is A PSP
Why am I not surprised that Sony would pay for fake Christmas wishes on a website? Well, because nothing surprises me. Especially when the web is involved.
Sony just sank to the lowest of the lowest level. Sony hired marketing company Zipatoni to set up a viral marketing scheme, that company did this by registering the domain alliwantforxmasisapsp.com. This website is set up as a PSP fansite where the marketers with Sony’s approval pretend to be kids that want a PSP and posted a rap video titled “All I Want for X-mas Is A PSP”
Of course it gets better, with what else? Fake comments. Full story over at VideogamesBlogger.
False headlines, fake Diggs, fake comments and fake product reviews, and people wonder why some folks don’t want to buy on the web…
This is all part of a larger issue that I plan to have a post about next week.
What People Are Saying
- translate auto on Ditech’s “People Are Smart” Commercial Was A Smart Move
- Phillis on Back From The Dead
- Background Check on Search Marketing Standard Acquired By iNET Interactive
- facebook mobile app for android on Rewired
- facebook security questions list on Rewired
- make money on clickbank on Rewired
- Ktownall.Com on Analyze Your Brain Vomit
- slot on Rewired
- Nilima Sharma on Blog Tag Game
- Nilima Sharma on Google and WorldCat
People Are Interested In
- cryptesthesia: Dictionary.com Word of the Day October 31, 2014cryptesthesia: allegedly paranormal perception.
- cryptesthesia: Dictionary.com Word of the Day October 31, 2014
- William James"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."
- William James
- zero-tasking October 31, 2014n. Deliberately doing nothing.What is zero-tasking? It means being, not doing. It means taking those 60 minutes and just doing nothing. Simply rest, relax, de-stress and de-load (the opposite of overload). It means just breathing--in and out, over and over--and marveling at the fact that you can breathe, that you are alive, that you are here.—Nancy Christie, […]
- orangefield October 30, 2014n. An urban or industrial site that is under-used, but is not contaminated or otherwise unsuitable for development.Australian Unity's real estate arm is expanding its $615 million healthcare property fund every way it can: by acquisitions, through brownfield projects, and through the latest trend toward orangefield developments. Orange is the new black […]
- renovacation October 29, 2014n. A renovation undertaken while on vacation.An overlooked home equity strategy which often pays off in big dividends, is to use some of that built up vacation time to spend a week or so getting home improvement and update projects done. The key is to work on projects that will take longer than a day but less than a week to complete. These are perfect for wh […]
- JOMO October 24, 2014n. The pleasure derived from no longer worrying about missing out on what other people are doing or saying.JOMO is a social detox, the equivalent for the mind of the nine-day juice cleanse. It's about not allowing the new, noisy world make you feel inadequate. It's deciding not to invest in this season's punk prints. It's not spending ano […]
- media meshing October 23, 2014pp. Using one or more media to enhance or augment the consumption of another medium.On Sunday night...social media was centre stage as a key weapon in Hollywood's attempt to engage with a younger audience, which it fears it is losing to entertainment downloaded from the internet. The Academy would have been thrilled. Here was proof that folks at home we […]
- almost alcoholic October 22, 2014n. A person who exhibits some of the symptoms or behaviors associated with alcoholism, but who is not a full-blown alcoholic.Traditionally alcoholism has been understood as a black-and-white condition. Just like it's impossible to be a little bit pregnant, it's long been considered that a person must be either an alcoholic or not an alcoholic. Yet […]
- Ebolaphobia October 21, 2014n. A strong and irrational fear of the Ebola virus.We are using public transportation, dining in restaurants, sending our kids to school and drinking city water right out of the tap. We are not unhinged by Ebolaphobia.—Jacquielynn Floyd, “Floyd: Good sense will inoculate you against Ebolaphobia,” The Dallas Morning News, October 16, 2014See the full entry […]
- procaffinating October 17, 2014pp. Delaying or postponing something until one has had one or more cups of coffee; drinking coffee slowly as a delaying tactic.Procaffinating is a perfect word that describes me on this lazy day as I am blissfully sipping cup after cup of coffee and procrastinating all work; cleaning the house, laundry and giving the dog a bath.—Susan Golis, “Helplessly Proc […]
- fracktivist October 16, 2014n. A person who campaigns or protests against the use of hydraulic fracturing ("fracking") to extract gas and oil from shale rock.In greater numbers by the month, residents across north Orange County are calling for an end to fracking, joining a growing chorus of Californians demanding a stop to the controversial oil-drilling practice. ... "It […]
- NoMo October 15, 2014n. A woman who is not a mother, particularly by circumstance rather than by choice.Now there is even a new word for people like myself, Jennifer and the one in five women who find themselves in their mid-40s without children: NoMos, short for "not mothers."—Amanda Revell Walton, “Like Jennifer Aniston, I've accepted I'll never be a mum -- […]
- zero-tasking October 31, 2014
More Blog Stuff