Jessica On The Web Returns Tomorrow
January 2, 2007 in Read It!
What People Are Saying
- facebook security questions list on Rewired
- make money on clickbank on Rewired
- Ktownall.Com on Analyze Your Brain Vomit
- slot on Rewired
- Nilima Sharma on Blog Tag Game
- Nilima Sharma on Google and WorldCat
- health on Five Things To Do With A PC When You Have No Internet Connection
- Home Life Preserver - Easy Home Bar Plans on Ditech’s “People Are Smart” Commercial Was A Smart Move
- Asif on Daytipper – Pay Per Post? Get Paid For A Tip.
- Simran on Daytipper – Pay Per Post? Get Paid For A Tip.
People Are Interested In
- quotha: Dictionary.com Word of the Day September 18, 2014quotha: indeed!
- quotha: Dictionary.com Word of the Day September 18, 2014
- Henri Frederic Amiel"Our duty is to be useful, not according to our desires but according to our powers."
- Henri Frederic Amiel
- drought shaming September 18, 2014drought shaming pp. Publicly reproaching a household or institution for using water excessively during a drought. Also: droughtshaming. —drought shame v. —drought shamer n. Example Citations: And some existing technologies are being repurposed to focus on the drought, for example, vizSafe, an app designed to post localized alerts allowing people to warn thei […]
- third workplace September 17, 2014third workplace n. A place a person works other than their office or home office. Example Citations: The third workplace, commonly called co-working space, combines the amenities and technology of a traditional office with the flexibility and lower expense of a home office. —Nancy Crotti, “Embracing the ‘third workplace’ in the Twin Cities,” Finance & Co […]
- space shift September 11, 2014space shift v. To play media on a device other than the one on which it is stored. Also: space-shift, spaceshift. —space shifting pp. —space shifter n. Example Citations: According to the case files, Hotfile will not protest its liability for the infringements of its users, but it can claim that other files may have been “space shifted” by users. —Gabriela V […]
- spaxel September 11, 2014spaxel n. A display element that can be positioned in any of the three spatial dimensions. [space + pixel] Example Citations: Ars Electronica Futurelab staffers have been doing R&D since 2012 on what they’ve dubbed Spaxels (space pixels)—a swarm of LED-equipped quadcopters that can fly in precise formation and thus “draw” three-dimensional images in mida […]
- smartwatch September 10, 2014smartwatch n. A wristwatch that can run apps, access the internet, and contains one or more sensors. Also: smart-watch, smart watch. Example Citations: Hypponen’s quirky use of his Pebble is at least one answer to the question: what are smartwatches for? As sales of smartphones slacken, because almost everyone who wants one has one, hardware companies are lo […]
- steel man September 9, 2014steel man n. The strongest version of an opponent’s argument, particularly when this version improves upon the opponent’s original argument. Also: iron man. [cf. straw man] —steelmanning pp. Example Citations: You know when someone makes an argument, and you know you can get away with making it seem like they made a much worse one, so you attack that argumen […]
- suggestful September 5, 2014suggestful adj. Having lots of suggestions. Example Citations: If you don’t like the art style or a particular piece due to your personal prefrences [sic], don’t comment please. Criticizing someone without being constructive and suggestful is very unnecessary. —Crossbonez-129, “Vert from Hyperdimensional Neptunia” (comment), deviantART, August 2, 2014 The […]
- stacking September 4, 2014stacking pp. Simultaneously performing multiple tasks using multiple screened devices. Also: media stacking, screen stacking. —stacker n. Example Citations: We’re quickly becoming a world of multitaskers. While you’re reading this, you might be watching TV or using a second device — smartphone, tablet or laptop. In a study of the multiscreening behaviors of […]
- school poor September 3, 2014school poor adj. Having little ready cash due to the cost of sending one’s children to expensive schools. Also: school-poor. Example Citations: Not quite our family, as it happens, and not that it’s anything to be ashamed of; indeed, the school-poor families are probably the ones who are sacrificing the most for their children’s educations. —Eugene Volokh, “ […]
- overconnectedness September 2, 2014overconnectedness n. The state or condition of having an over-abundance of existing or potential technologically mediated connections to other people and to online resources. Also: over-connectedness. Example Citations: In The Secret Horse her teenage heroine, Abby, lives on a ranch in California where her father buys and sells horses. The novels are set in […]
- drought shaming September 18, 2014
More Blog Stuff