Google and WorldCat
January 23, 2009 in Google
Ever wanted to keep track of all the reading material related to a specific topic, like say, Google? WorldCat is one way to do it. Check out a simple list.
Just create a free account, do a simple search for the topic you want to research and WorldCat will show you which library has the material you’re looking for.
What People Are Saying
- lavyasingh12 on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- translate auto on Ditech’s “People Are Smart” Commercial Was A Smart Move
- Phillis on Back From The Dead
- Background Check on Search Marketing Standard Acquired By iNET Interactive
- facebook mobile app for android on Rewired
- facebook security questions list on Rewired
- make money on clickbank on Rewired
- Ktownall.Com on Analyze Your Brain Vomit
- slot on Rewired
- Nilima Sharma on Blog Tag Game
People Are Interested In
- beforetime: Dictionary.com Word of the Day December 18, 2014beforetime: formerly.
- beforetime: Dictionary.com Word of the Day December 18, 2014
- William Makepeace Thackeray"A good laugh is sunshine in the house."
- William Makepeace Thackeray
- silent traveler December 17, 2014n. A traveler who has almost no direct interaction with a destination's tourism industry, preferring instead to navigate, make arrangements, and find information using a mobile device.Theyre known as the Silent Traveler, the "mobile-first" travel consumer. These are consumers who dont just use their mobile devices to research and book hotels, […]
- ASMRtist December 16, 2014n. A person who makes videos that invoke an autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR), which creates a pleasurable, tingling sensation in the heads of susceptible viewers.But shes not after exposure or money, she says. Videos by other "ASMRtists" once helped her through a period of depression, and now she wants to pay it forward.—Caitlin Gibson, […]
- Ebolanoia December 11, 2014n. An unwarranted and overblown fear of the Ebola virus.When I wrote a few weeks ago about "Ebolanoia" and the ways the media has been fanning its flames, I suggested that the scary headlines and fear-mongering has been cooling off. I spoke too soon.—Tara Haelle, “Ebola Response Can Be Rational, Cruise Ship Passengers Show,” Forbes, November 3, 201 […]
- pre-cation December 10, 2014n. A vacation taken before starting a new job, particularly a paid vacation.The pre-cation policy flows from Atlassian's view that memorable perks and a livable workspace make for happy employees without busting the companys budget.—Will Oremus, “You Deserve a Pre-cation,” Slate, September 30, 2014See the full entry
- gastrophysics December 9, 2014n. The theories and experimental methodologies of physics applied to food, cooking, and eating.Spence and his peers have, through a line of scientific inquiry that is informally referred to as gastrophysics, studied in minute detail how we experience food and drink. Who we eat with; how food is arranged and described; the colour, texture and weight of plates […]
- kickstopper December 5, 2014n. An online fundraising campaign to help stop a project that is being financed through the Kickstarter crowdfunding website.Kickstarter to stop things = KICKSTOPPER. RT @katemond: Kickstarter to stop Papyrus font being used on anything vaguely historical.—Stan Carey, “Kickstarter to stop...,” Twitter, November 25, 2014See the full entry […]
- under-happy December 4, 2014adj. Not as happy as one ought or would like to be.Many Singaporeans are "under happy" at work, or so says a recently released survey. The people behind it coined the phrase "under happy" to describe an in-between state between being happy and unhappy. ... Might being under happy be worse than being unhappy, since misery might spur a pers […]
- GAFA December 3, 2014n. The corporations Google, Apple, Facebook, and Amazon viewed as a group, particularly one that wields significant power and influence in modern affairs.In France, theres a new word: GAFA. It's an acronym, and it has become a shorthand term for some of the most powerful companies in the world--all American, all tech giants. GAFA stands for Google, Appl […]
- webroom December 2, 2014v. To use the web to research a product and to then purchase the product in an offline store.Surveys from the consulting firms Deloitte and Accenture both indicate Lindsays shopping behavior is common. The Deloitte research found that nearly 70 percent of shoppers webroom compared with less than 50 percent who showroom before they buy.—Taryn Luna, “'Web […]
- Sofa Sunday November 28, 2014n. The Sunday after the United States Thanksgiving holiday, when people relax at home and purchase goods online or on TV.Sofa Sunday is a real day, where everyone dresses up in impractical loungewear and goes shopping on their mobile devices. It's apparently the busiest online shopping day of the year, with most purchases being made between 9pm and 11pm […]
- silent traveler December 17, 2014
More Blog Stuff