Sony Pays For Fake Christmas Wishes – All I Want For Christmas Is A PSP
Why am I not surprised that Sony would pay for fake Christmas wishes on a website? Well, because nothing surprises me. Especially when the web is involved.
Sony just sank to the lowest of the lowest level. Sony hired marketing company Zipatoni to set up a viral marketing scheme, that company did this by registering the domain alliwantforxmasisapsp.com. This website is set up as a PSP fansite where the marketers with Sony’s approval pretend to be kids that want a PSP and posted a rap video titled “All I Want for X-mas Is A PSP”
Of course it gets better, with what else? Fake comments. Full story over at VideogamesBlogger.
False headlines, fake Diggs, fake comments and fake product reviews, and people wonder why some folks don’t want to buy on the web…
This is all part of a larger issue that I plan to have a post about next week.
What People Are Saying
- Tina Sharma on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- pamaladunn2390 on Google and WorldCat
- Priya Sen on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- Mansi Kher on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- kasak123 on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- miss right on Daytipper – Is It A Scam?
- anmolikaroy on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- Kanak on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- simranri on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- Miss Maya on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
People Are Interested In
- stalwart: Dictionary.com Word of the Day October 22, 2016stalwart: firm, steadfast, or uncompromising.
- stalwart: Dictionary.com Word of the Day October 22, 2016
- Franz Kafka"Start with what is right rather than what is acceptable."
- Franz Kafka
- stealth health October 18, 2016n. The practice of making a recipe or food product healthier without advertising the change to consumers.And once a reformulated food passes the test, companies often avoid saying anything on the label or in advertisements about the nutritional improvements -- especially when it comes to salt. Most people dont think they need to cut back on sodium. Better to […]
- vote-shaming October 11, 2016pp. Publicly reproaching a person for not voting, or for voting in a way that betrays or ignores a larger cause or principle.In the upcoming election, a significant amount of Americans have reported plans to vote for their third-party conscience over the lesser of two mainstream evils. In response, many shame these voters as selfish idealists whose wasted pr […]
- text-walk September 22, 2016v. To conduct a text message conversation while walking.Idaho town Rexburg was among the first in the United States to impose a US$50 (S$68) fine on anyone found crossing a street while texting on a phone. The law was enacted in April 2011 and signs were put up all over the city to remind pedestrians not to text-walk.—Chang May Choon, “Seoul puts up road saf […]
- crimmigration September 21, 2016n. The intersection of criminal and immigration laws, policies, and enforcement.Historically, immigration and criminal law have been thought of as very separate from one another. The concept of crimmigration focuses on how and why these two traditionally separate areas of law have suddenly blurred to the point that it is hard to distinguish where one ends an […]
- ambient snacking September 9, 2016n. Snacking on foods that can be stored and served at room temperature.Responding to the torrent of furious messages, Sainsburys said via social media:... "Were also including 14 new ambient snacking lines, all at 50p and under 150 calories each, tapping into the healthy snacking trend."—Adam Boult, “Sainsbury’s '£3 meal deal' change prom […]
- tunnel fur September 8, 2016n. A mixture of dust, oil, human hair and skin, rodent feces, and other substances that collects on subway tracks.The air-conditioning is failing partly because of the age of the units, which both the workers union and transit agency agree should have been overhauled sooner. Their fragility has become clear this summer, with the heat forcing them to work har […]
- super flasher September 6, 2016n. A woman who experiences hot flashes for many years, particularly before, during, and after menopause.Think all hot flashes are created equal? Think again. According to results released from the Study of Womens Health Across the Nation (SWAN), some women are "early onset" and have hot flashes which end at menopause. Meanwhile, others are late ons […]
- datakinesis August 11, 2016n. A change to a physical object or system in response to a virtual command or action.Datakinesis (yes. This is an actual thing)—#21Forever, “Datakinesis (yes. This...,” Twitter, April 25, 2016See the full entry
- apitourism August 3, 2016n. Tourism that is centered around bees and bee-related activities.With the rise of all things eco, the idea of "apitourism" may seem too niche in its focus. Look deeper though and its all-encompassing in what it offers the discerning traveller.—Helen Truszkowski, “'Apitourism' is a growing worldwide culture for bee-seeking travellers,” T […]
- personal protection drone August 2, 2016n. A weaponized drone that accompanies a person and can respond to attacks or threats.While a personal protection drone swarm would be even more amazing, SexyCyborg already revealed that theres no good or cheap way to have such portable drones fly automatically. But we can always dream.—Alec, “Redditor SexyCyborg is back with a 3D printed Nano Drone wrist mo […]
- stealth health October 18, 2016
More Blog Stuff