I wanted a different perspective on the Social Web, Myspace, Digg, etc. I also wanted some fresh input on what is driving the young adopters of technology. So, I’m proud to announce that Jessica L. will be writing for this blog. She’s the 15 year-old junior editor of her school newspaper and one of my daughter’s best friends. She’ll be speaking freely at least once a week, every Wednesday evening.
If you have any questions for Jessica, please add them to the comments here until she starts posting tomorrow evening. The time she spends writing here counts as one of her assignments and is a large part of her grade. Welcome Jessica.
What People Are Saying
- Ankita Lal on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- joomla shopping cart on Search Marketing Standard Acquired By iNET Interactive
- Hakia is a True Semantic Search Engine | by SEO Theory on Hakia – Searching Semantically
- www.federatedfinancial.com on Ditech’s “People Are Smart” Commercial Was A Smart Move
- Erica on Convert Any Web Page To an RSS Feed
- lavyasingh12 on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- translate auto on Ditech’s “People Are Smart” Commercial Was A Smart Move
- Phillis on Back From The Dead
- Background Check on Search Marketing Standard Acquired By iNET Interactive
- facebook mobile app for android on Rewired
People Are Interested In
- olio: Dictionary.com Word of the Day July 30, 2015olio: a mixture of heterogeneous elements.
- olio: Dictionary.com Word of the Day July 30, 2015
- Joseph Addison"A man should always consider how much he has more than he wants."
- Joseph Addison
- mirdle July 30, 2015n. An undergarment designed to give a man a slimmer appearance, particularly at the waist.It's only since men have become increasingly visible half-naked in underwear commercials, horny clothing line ads, firefighter calendars, and the lot that men have begun to face mounting pressure to conform to exacting standards of physical appeal. Thus, we've […]
- Walden zone July 29, 2015n. A room or office that contains no technology, particularly devices that have Internet connections.Retiring to the Walden zone for some deep breathing to energise the lungs, quick palming to refresh the eyes and calm meditation to quieten the mind, for a few precious moments in a day will leave you with that feeling of being pampered.—Dorothy Victor, “Indu […]
- silver alert July 28, 2015n. A public notification that provides information on, and asks for help in locating, a missing senior, particularly one who has a cognitive impairment such as dementia or Alzheimer's disease.As six out of 10 people with dementia are apt to wander, the county is expanding its Alert San Diego system to notify residents of specific areas when someone is m […]
- sockmageddon July 24, 2015n. A long or intense struggle with washing, folding, or pairing socks.This allows me to help Noelle and Caedmon with breakfast, clothes and their very important, yet terribly elusive socks. I hate folding them, they love losing them... we live in constant sockmageddon.—Leanne Penny, “Penny Family Update,” LeannePenny.com, February 6, 2015See the full entry […]
- Jengatecture July 23, 2015n. Building designs that consist of a series of stacked, offset boxes.The firm has clearly become a go-to for developers big -- TF Cornerstone tapped ODA for phase two of Hunters Point South -- and small, and the firm has solidified its position as the experts of Jenga-tecture, i.e. buildings that look like stacked boxes.—Jessica Dailey, “Mapping ODA's […]
- misogynoir July 22, 2015n. Hatred of, disrespect toward, or prejudice against black women.Recalling the social media whirlpool of anguish after Michelle Obamas jubilant, self-affirming speech of black womanhood at BETs Black Girls Rock event last month -- cries of reverse racism and even a #metoo hashtag that proclaimed #whitegirlsrock -- its obvious that America is past-due for ge […]
- embeefen July 21, 2015v. To become fleshier; to make or become more robust or vigorous.matt harvey's embeefening face reminds me of vintage nicolas cage—Pete Beatty, “matt harvey's...,” Twitter, July 20, 2015See the full entry
- distraction addict July 9, 2015n. A person whose attention is easily and constantly drawn away from the task at hand.There is definitely a correlation between my digital activity and my stress and anxiety levels. And I do more than ever to keep the latter in check: massages, reflexology, yoga, acupuncture, exec coaching -- oh, and lots of wine and off-loading to friends. One thing I haven […]
- phantom offer July 7, 2015n. A nonexistent offer to purchase a house, used to coerce people making real offers into raising their prices.In yet another sign that buyers are losing their patience, the Real Estate Council of Ontario plans to introduce new regulations July 1 that are meant to crack down on so-called phantom offers. Thats when unscrupulous agents hint to potential buyers […]
- bikeshedding July 3, 2015n. Frequent, detailed discussions on a minor issue conducted while major issues are being ignored or postponed.Now also known as bikeshedding, Parkinsons Law of Triviality states that the more complex an issue, the less time spent on it. He illustrates this with a corporate executive committee meeting that has plans for a nuclear power plant on its agenda. W […]
- mirdle July 30, 2015
More Blog Stuff