I didn’t have anything ready for tonight, today was kind of a rush since it was the last day of school before the holiday, but luckily, Michael (Graywolf) had some questions ready for me.
Which websites do you visit and how often (digg, netscape, reddit, stumbleupon, myspace). What are your favorite things to do there ?
Myspace is the only one on that list that I visit., and that’s just to see if my friends have written anything new. When I first got a myspace I checked on my friend’s space a lot, but now I just check once a day or so. It’s easier to keep in touch with messenger or texting.
If I’m bored I play comment tag on myspace or we play holdem or hearts or something on Pogo.
What do you think of corporate profiles on my space like
I just ignore them. A few of my RL friends try to get as many myspace friends as possible so they might send them a request, but mostly they’re ignored.
Which do you use more email or text messaging?
Texting. I send email to my grandparents. My friends all text, email is just too slow and you have to be on a computer. If you’re at a computer then messaging is quicker.
Which would you prefer a phone with better pictures/videos/screen size or a phone with more/better music capabilities?
Better pictures and videos, ipods are better for music.
Would you be willing to carry a larger phone with a bigger screen and larger keyboard or do you prefer a smaller more compact phone?
Probably not. Smaller is better at school and everyone kind of wants the smallest phone they can get.
If you have any more questions just blog them. Next week I’m going to write about what teens buy on the web. Dean helped me set up a blog and I’ll be blogging there too.
What People Are Saying
- Ankita Lal on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- joomla shopping cart on Search Marketing Standard Acquired By iNET Interactive
- Hakia is a True Semantic Search Engine | by SEO Theory on Hakia – Searching Semantically
- www.federatedfinancial.com on Ditech’s “People Are Smart” Commercial Was A Smart Move
- Erica on Convert Any Web Page To an RSS Feed
- lavyasingh12 on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- translate auto on Ditech’s “People Are Smart” Commercial Was A Smart Move
- Phillis on Back From The Dead
- Background Check on Search Marketing Standard Acquired By iNET Interactive
- facebook mobile app for android on Rewired
People Are Interested In
- gainsay: Dictionary.com Word of the Day May 27, 2015gainsay: to deny, dispute, or contradict.
- gainsay: Dictionary.com Word of the Day May 27, 2015
- John Dryden"Words are but pictures of our thoughts."
- John Dryden
- wait-learning May 27, 2015n. Learning that takes place while a person is awaiting the completion of some other task.In the future, CSAIL researchers plan to explore opportunities to create technologies for other wait-learning situations, such as Wi-Fi seeking, email loading, and even elevator waiting.—Adam Conner-Simons, “"WaitChatter" app teaches vocabulary during moments […]
- nearable May 26, 2015n. A device that performs an action, such as transmitting data, only when a mobile computer or smartphone comes within range.However, unlike wearables and hearables which move with us, nearables are static, comprising ordinary objects that become smart once a wireless electronic sensor which also works as a transmitter (such as a Bluetooth Smart beacon) are […]
- writo May 25, 2015n. An error made when writing longhand.I think there is a 'writo' on line 7: I'm sure you'll agree that "X(n) log n" should read "X(n/(p-1)) log n" ?—Johan Nobel, “Vimeo’s Staff Pick algorithm finally revealed!” (comment), Vimeo, April 1, 2015See the full entry
- stealthie May 22, 2015n. A photograph of one or more people, taken without their knowledge or consent.468: Number of 24-hour security cameras in Cannes, which means, even if you arent taking your own picture, someone else is. Think of it [as] a "stealthie."—Liam Lacey, “As the Cannes International Film Festival kicks off, let’s talk about selfies, wealthies and stealthi […]
- preimburse May 21, 2015v. To pay in advance, particularly to cover a future expense.I'm pretty sure that the Fair Tax proposal includes monthly pre-bates that would pre-imburse lower income people for the sales tax they would pay on necessities like food and housing.—David Lima, “Bill Gates' Solution To Income Inequality” (reply), WeAreSC, October 31, 2014See the full en […]
- clique-stalking May 20, 2015pp. Surreptitiously investigating a person's friends or social media connections.Clique-stalking can best be described as a guilty pleasure that most of us may have indulged in at some point, which may or may not be born out of curiosity.—Melissa D'Costa, “Are you guilty of clique-stalking?,” DNA India, April 27, 2015See the full entry […]
- Brexit May 19, 2015n. The exit of Great Britain from the European Union.But what would "Brexit" -- a British exit from the 28-nation EU -- look like? Eurosceptics argue that withdrawal would reverse immigration, save the taxpayer billions and free Britain from an economic burden. Europhiles counter that it would lead to deep economic uncertainty and cost thousands, p […]
- argumentum ad tl;dr May 15, 2015n. The fallacy of supporting a proposition by inundating one's opponents with specious arguments that are too numerous and too lengthy to read, much less refute point-by-point.See? This is what I'm talking about. A couple at best tangentially relevant items that certainly didn't merit lengthy quotes. Argumentum ad tl;dr.—charlatan, “Russian ru […]
- herd misogyny May 14, 2015n. Hatred towards or harassment of women perpetrated by a group of males.It may have a lot to do with herd misogyny according to Alicia Versteegh, co-director of Hollaback Toronto, an organization that works to end street harassment. ... When the herd or pack is together, it seems the fact they are verbally assaulting a woman doing her job is not a concern w […]
- anti-chalk May 13, 2015adj. Against the use of chalk, particularly to write political or protest messages on a sidewalk or other outdoor surface.Members of Free Keen and Stop Free Keene are being interviewed by a national news crew about their ongoing "Chalk War" and "Robin Hooding". They drew pictures for the cameras, but they were removed just minutes later b […]
- wait-learning May 27, 2015
More Blog Stuff