Jessica On The Web – Cell Phones Or Online
My teacher asked some questions (in 5 of her classes) about cell phones, online time and access questions and here are the results.
1. Students averaged 68 text messages per week. The high was 131, the low was 24.
2. 72% of students said they spent more time on the phone or texting than they did online.
3. 14% of students said they used the Web to research homework projects.
4. 86% of the students have cell phones.
5. 92% of the students have access to the internet at home.
6. 41% have high speed access.
7. 22% of students sent an email within the last week.
8. 100% of the students know someone that uses Myspace.
9. 43% of students have their own computer.
10. 5% of students said that their online time is monitored by their parents.
We also voted on questions to ask the experts and came up with 10 questions. We decided that is would be best to ask two questions a week. Here are the first two.
Q. Should HTML be taught in High School? If so, should CSS be taught with it?
Q. Are search engines replacing libraries for scholastic research?