Advertising? Think Small
Just peruse the list of the top 100 advertising campaigns of all time and you’ll notice something they all have in common, the message is concise.
From Volkswagen’s “Think Small” to ‘Where’s The Beef” to ‘Please don’t squeeze the Charmin”, the most memorable ad campaigns have the fewest words and a strong message.
Take a look at the top ten slogans:
1. Diamonds are forever (DeBeers)
2. Just do it (Nike)
3. The pause that refreshes (Coca-Cola)
4. Tastes great, less filling (Miller Lite)
5. We try harder (Avis)
6. Good to the last drop (Maxwell House)
7. Breakfast of champions (Wheaties)
8. Does she … or doesn’t she? (Clairol)
9. When it rains it pours (Morton Salt)
10. Where’s the beef? (Wendy’s)