Stop With The Stumping
May 12, 2008 in Words
Stumping is clearly a throwback to the days when politicians campaigned in small towns, didn’t have PA systems and there was no such thing as TV coverage. They stood on a stump to be seen and heard.
When’s the last time you saw a politician standing on a stump?
Bill Clinton Stumps For Wife in Baker City. In the pic, he’s standing on concrete steps.
No politician is going to be seen standing on a stump for fear of someone from the Green movement asking why the tree was cut down. No more stumping. Or soapboxes for that matter. When’s the last time you saw one of those?
What People Are Saying
- Ankita Lal on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- joomla shopping cart on Search Marketing Standard Acquired By iNET Interactive
- Hakia is a True Semantic Search Engine | by SEO Theory on Hakia – Searching Semantically
- www.federatedfinancial.com on Ditech’s “People Are Smart” Commercial Was A Smart Move
- Erica on Convert Any Web Page To an RSS Feed
- lavyasingh12 on WebmasterWorld Launches Social Media Tagging and Bookmarking Optimization Forum
- translate auto on Ditech’s “People Are Smart” Commercial Was A Smart Move
- Phillis on Back From The Dead
- Background Check on Search Marketing Standard Acquired By iNET Interactive
- facebook mobile app for android on Rewired
People Are Interested In
- entelechy: Dictionary.com Word of the Day August 2, 2015entelechy: a realization or actuality as opposed to a potentiality.
- entelechy: Dictionary.com Word of the Day August 2, 2015
- Mark Twain"The human race has one really effective weapon, and that is laughter."
- Mark Twain
- confluence hunter July 31, 2015n. A person who uses maps and GPS to travel to confluence points, where the integer degree lines of latitude and longitude intersect.On a map, the points where lines of longitude and latitude cross are called "degree confluence points." The over 64,000 real-world places where these imaginary lines intersect -- that's 360 degrees of longitude m […]
- mirdle July 30, 2015n. An undergarment designed to give a man a slimmer appearance, particularly at the waist.It's only since men have become increasingly visible half-naked in underwear commercials, horny clothing line ads, firefighter calendars, and the lot that men have begun to face mounting pressure to conform to exacting standards of physical appeal. Thus, we've […]
- Walden zone July 29, 2015n. A room or office that contains no electronic technology, particularly devices with Internet connections.Retiring to the Walden zone for some deep breathing to energise the lungs, quick palming to refresh the eyes and calm meditation to quieten the mind, for a few precious moments in a day will leave you with that feeling of being pampered.—Dorothy Victor, […]
- silver alert July 28, 2015n. A public notification that provides information on, and asks for help in locating, a missing senior, particularly one who has a cognitive impairment such as dementia or Alzheimer's disease.As six out of 10 people with dementia are apt to wander, the county is expanding its Alert San Diego system to notify residents of specific areas when someone is m […]
- sockmageddon July 24, 2015n. A long or intense struggle with washing, folding, or pairing socks.This allows me to help Noelle and Caedmon with breakfast, clothes and their very important, yet terribly elusive socks. I hate folding them, they love losing them... we live in constant sockmageddon.—Leanne Penny, “Penny Family Update,” LeannePenny.com, February 6, 2015See the full entry […]
- Jengatecture July 23, 2015n. Building designs that consist of a series of stacked, offset boxes.The firm has clearly become a go-to for developers big -- TF Cornerstone tapped ODA for phase two of Hunters Point South -- and small, and the firm has solidified its position as the experts of Jenga-tecture, i.e. buildings that look like stacked boxes.—Jessica Dailey, “Mapping ODA's […]
- misogynoir July 22, 2015n. Hatred of, disrespect toward, or prejudice against black women.Recalling the social media whirlpool of anguish after Michelle Obamas jubilant, self-affirming speech of black womanhood at BETs Black Girls Rock event last month -- cries of reverse racism and even a #metoo hashtag that proclaimed #whitegirlsrock -- its obvious that America is past-due for ge […]
- embeefen July 21, 2015v. To become fleshier; to make or become more robust or vigorous.matt harvey's embeefening face reminds me of vintage nicolas cage—Pete Beatty, “matt harvey's...,” Twitter, July 20, 2015See the full entry
- distraction addict July 9, 2015n. A person whose attention is easily and constantly drawn away from the task at hand.There is definitely a correlation between my digital activity and my stress and anxiety levels. And I do more than ever to keep the latter in check: massages, reflexology, yoga, acupuncture, exec coaching -- oh, and lots of wine and off-loading to friends. One thing I haven […]
- phantom offer July 7, 2015n. A nonexistent offer to purchase a house, used to coerce people making real offers into raising their prices.In yet another sign that buyers are losing their patience, the Real Estate Council of Ontario plans to introduce new regulations July 1 that are meant to crack down on so-called phantom offers. Thats when unscrupulous agents hint to potential buyers […]
- confluence hunter July 31, 2015
More Blog Stuff